Encroachment / Illegal Construction Removal Department
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) on Services or Administrative Workings.
1. Which places in Pune City are considered as illegal to run businesses? Do you take any action against shop owners who put their goods / materials on footpath or on roadside private property ?
Ans: Encroachments by illegal vendors on Pune Municipal Corporation's public roads or in building side margin or roads / footpaths are considered as illegal encroachements.
2. Are small businessmen on public roads / footpaths considered as legal / licensee ?
Ans: Those who are having written permission or license letter issued by PMC and those who follow rules & regulations.
3. Will any action be taken, If they do not comply with the terms of the license / authorized licensees or conditions or if they use additional space ? What kind ?
Ans: Yes . They will be given intimation to follow rules & regulations, and even after this they do will not follow rules & regulations, their licenses will be suspended, their tools / goods/ materials will be forfeited or license will be canceled etc. as per policy.
4. To whom compalint should be given against encraochments on road / Footpath ?
Ans: To respective Assistant Commissioner of ward office Municipal Corporation in writing/telephone / Email in detail with address..
5. What action is taken against illegal encroachment? How many days from the date the application action is taken?
Ans: First field survey is done and according to encroachment type, confiscate their materials or giving them understanding such type of actions are taken. It is expected to do within approximately 7 to 15 days according to type of encroachment.
6. Is action taken only after public complaints by citizen through written / oral / Email ? Does respective ward office take action without complaints ?
Ans: No. It is the regular operation of ward office to take action against illegal encroachments on public road / footpath.
7. What are the different preventive measures taken against those who do illegal encroachment frequently ?
Ans: Their goods / materials are confiscated by encroachment removal team of respective ward office and not released early. Health Department , Police Department etc also take action against them according to prevailing valid Policy.
8. Once illegal encroachment is removed, whose responsibility is this to take care in future ?
Ans: Once encroachment is removed, it is the joint responsibility of respective ward office & appointed officials and police department to take care of illegal encroachments in future.
9. After encroachmemt removal activity, siezed materials are released or those are permanently siezed ? What is the penalty?
Ans: After Vendors application sieze materials / goods are released by procedure and applying removal charges mentioned in PMC policy.
10. Can vendors demand for losses occurred to their goods / materials in encroachment removal activity to PMC ?
Ans: No. The Corporation does not give damage Loss Amount.
11. Does any citizen / businessmen get permission to run business on foothpath?
Ans: Those citizen who satisfy PMC criteria can get permission as per policy.
12. Is permission issued to run business by putting stall on roads / footpaths according to "The Street Vendors Act-2014" ?
Ans: No. According to "The Street Vendors Act-2014" those who have not old stall license & newly registered businessmen should do business by sitting (pathar)i/handcart. Stall must not be put without prior permission.
13. Does PMC registered vendors as per "The Street Vendors Act-2014" do business by erecting stall or rigid structure on their allotted places ?
14. Does the registered vendor transfer his License / business rights to person other than his heirs ?
15. Does the registered vendor get electricity connection of MSEDCL in his stall / handcart ? Does he get authorised water & drainage connection ?
Ans: Newly registered vendors can't get legal / illegal electricity connection, water connection or drainage connection at their business place.
16. Does food street vendors use flammable devices such as gas , kerosene , etc. and sell the food at temporary allotted place on road / footpath ?
Ans: No, but encroachment department declares Food Market Zone and allow eligible vendors at particular place those who follow the terms / conditions.
17. If registered vendors use extra space than allotted / do illegal encroachment, what kind of action is taken against them ? which department takes action ?
Ans: Yes. They will be given intimation to follow rules & regulations, and even after this they do will not follow rules & regulations, their licenses will be suspended, their tools / goods / materials will be forfeited or license will be canceled etc. as per policy. Respective ward office takes action.
18. Does Pune Municipal Corporation issue temporary permission (eg . During the festival , or seasonal fruits or goods / materials sales) on Municipal road / Footpath ?
Ans: Under prevailing conditions in The Street Vendors Act-2014.
19. Is it neccessory to take permission during festivals, celebrations or birth anniversary of national leaders etc. for erection of pandals, stages, arches or running pandals etc. on public road / footpath ?
Ans: Yes, according to "Pandal Policy -2015" after submitting necessary documents.
20. If permission is given for (Q.NO.20) then where to apply for application.
Ans: Application should be given to related assistant municipal commissioner ward office.
21. Is digging pits on road / footpath for pandals, stages, arches or running pandals etc. permitted ? What are the penalties if it is done illegally ?
Ans: No. If it is done, penalties will be charged according to "Booth Policy -2015"
22. Does Pune Municipal Corporation take action against illegal pandals, stages, arches or running pandals etc.? Which department takes action & how it is to be taken ?
Ans: Yes, the respective ward office takes action according prevailing policy.
23. Does it have permission to put an advertisement / banner of any private companies or political nature on authorised pandals, stages, arches or running pandals etc.?
Ans: It is neccessory to take separate permission to put an advertisement/banner.
24. If authorised pandals, stages, arches or running pandals etc. does not removed after the time they have permitted, then any action is taken or not? By which department ?
Ans: The respective ward office takes legal action & seize goods / materials.
25. Does Pune Municipal Corporation take action against putting goods / materials during old or new construction or repair work ? By which department & what kind of action ?
Ans: Yes, respective ward office issue notice and seize goods/materials.
26. Does Pune Municipal Corporation permit to put junk vehicles or damaged vehicles on roads / footpaths ? If not then what kind of action & by which department it is taken ?
Ans: No, respective ward office issue notice and seize junk vehicles or damaged vehicles.
27. Does Pune Municipal Corporation permit to park vehicle for longer duration (more than seven days) or for selling ?
28. Is it permitted to stop the private passenger buses anywhere on roads and exchange passenger ? If not then what kind of action & by which department it is taken.
Ans: It is not permitted to stop vehicle & exchange passenger other than Pune Municipal Corporation’s permitted places. Punitive action or seizure of vehicle is taken.
29. Is action taken against illegal religious structure on road/footpath?
Ans: Yes, if any illegal religious structure is constructed on road/footpath then Encroachment/Illegal Construction Department takes legal action against it. Citizens can complaint against it in respective ward office of Pune Municipal Corporation or lodge complaints on www.punecorporation.org/mr/encroachment-department website or PMC care mobile application.
30. Where to complaints about noise pollution in Pune city?
Ans: Citizen should complaint about noise pollution to Local Police Station. Local Police Station contact details are available on www.punepolice.gov.in . Citizen can also lodge complaints on www.punecorporation.org/mr/encroachment-department website or PMC care mobile application.