Shahid Major Pradeep Tathawade Udyan
Location :- Karve nagar, Hingne Budrukh, Pune-411052
- Major Pradeep Tathawade Udayn is a major landmark city of Pune. it is developed and maintained by Garden dept. Pune Municipal Corporation, this garden was opened to the public on 31st Oct 2002.
- A life size statue of Major Pradeep Tathawade, who died fighting militants in ‘poonch’ district of Jammu in June 2000 and after whom the park is named, dominates the entrance to the garden.
- The garden is spread over 2.75 acres land has 260 mtrs long jogging track along the circumference. The garden includes several water fountains, a children’s play area and at the centre of the garden, there is an artificial pond with fish in it. Pakistani tank that served in the Indo-Pak war (1971) was gifted to the Pune Municipal Corporation by the ‘Indian Army’ was mounted in the garden.
- There is a stage facing a huge lawn. Many citizens organizes various cultural and social activities in the garden, comfortable sitting arrangement for citizens.
- The garden has quarters for security man and also has a ticket counter, cabin & toilet.
- Many trees mostly indigenous trees including Mango, Neem, Pimpal, Banyan, Amla, Cheery,Almond, Palash, Kanchan, Jamun, Bamboo, Bel trees. The garden also includes several different varieties of Roses, Marigold, Dahlis, Zinnia, Jasmine, Shoeflower, jai-jui and chamak as per season and many different types of shrubs like bougainvillea etc.
- The visitors come from the circumference of five Km that include Dhanukar colony, Bhusari colony and paud eoad and sinhagad road.
- There is a group of people, who regularly visit the garden to practise yoga, hasye club in the morning and jog in the evenings. Blessed with lush green lawns a cluster of trees and comfortbles sitting arrangements the garden is a haven for meditation, especially for the senior citizens.
- The garden is maintained by Garden Department PMC with help of one mali and three workers.
- There are no food stalls outside the gardens outdoor games and pets animals are not allowed in the garden.
- Entry fee :-
- Adult -1/-Rs.
- Child- 50/- paise.
- Garden Timing :-
- Morning - 6 To 10am
- Evening- 4pm to 6 pm