Late. P.L. DESHPANDE GARDEN (JAPANESE GARDEN )
Location :- At Narveer Tanaji Malusare Path (Sinhagad Road), Pune.
- Pune Okayama Friendship Garden is a symbol of Indo-Japanese friendship between partner cities of Pune and Okayama and the garden is truly the pride of Pune.
- This is the biggest garden of Japanese style out of Japan, in Asia. The idea of recreating the original Japanese garden in Pune was, of course, inspired from the 300-year old Okayama Korakuen Garden developed by Ikeda Royal family in the 12 specious hectares in Okayama.
- The Japanese garden is spread over an area of 10 acres, representing the culture and intricate ideology of an authentic Japanese Garden. This garden is a perfect bridge between to cities of Okayama and Pune, encouraging cultural, traditional, economical, industrial and friendship ties.
- The garden planning help visitors to experience the changing the nature throughout the year.
- As a person strolls, he can enjoy the wide Lawns, Ponds, Artificial hills and Forest, While listening to the murmur of meandering stream.
- This would bring the close to nature, revitalize there senses and rejuvenate them spiritually.
- This Japanese garden has been named after Pu. La. Deshpande. As we all know, Pu. La. Deshpande was a well known Marathi writer from Maharashtra, India. He was popularly known by his initials ("Pu. La."). He was awarded Padma Bhushan in 1990.
- The characteristic of the garden are a composition of fire, harmony, line, spirit, world and water. Thus the garden express the various elements to speak about light and darkness, soft and hard, stillness and motion, warm and cold. It is based on the Yin and Yang philosophy a great foreground.
- There are wooden pergolas to sit and rest. There are bright red orange fish in the ponds.
- Garden Timing- Morning 6:00am – 10:30am, Evening 4:00pm – 8:00pm.