Constructing a Jackwell Pump House behind the Khadakwasla Dam and laying a pressure duct / pipeline between Khadakwasla Dam and Parvati Water Station.
- Capacity : 1000 million litres
- Area: Approximate : 13.00 km
- Pre-calculation / Estimation sheet Amount : Amount of Rs. 233.88 crores
- Tender Amount : Amount of Rs. 204.24 crores
Proposed scheme of the new project and benefits from the Project :
- Water is supplied to Pune city through the Khadakwasla dam.
- As it is necessary to keep providing continuous water supply to Pune city, it has become impossible to repair the canals running from the Khadakwasla dam.
- This leads to leakages from the canal on a large scale. At the same time, as the population on both sides of the canals is increasing, water from the canal gets contaminated due to things such as throwing garbage, washing clothes etc in the open canal.
- Due to this, the cost of water processing is increasing. Taking into consideration the above facts, the facility of providing separate closed taps for Pune city was undertaken.
- In the past, an iron-casted pipeline with a diameter of 3000 m.m. was laid between Khadakwasla dam and Parvati Water Station. However, as city’s water demand has increased, it has become necessary to uplift water from the canal.
- Taking into consideration the water demand for the year 2050, a pipeline has been laid on the aforesaid work.
- Nature of Work:
- A Jackwell Pump House of the size of 60 m x 23 m has been constructed behind the Khadakwasla dam and 08 pumps with the capacity of 125 million litres per day have been installed in the said pump house.
- Aforesaid project has been completed within a period of two years, for which an approximate amount of Rs. 200 crore has been spent.
- Upon implementation of this project, it will be possible to save 1.00 TMC of water being wasted through the open canal in the form of leakage, and water supply of Pune city will not be dependent on the canal.
- In addition to this, the cost of processing the water will also be reduced. Under this project, a flow meter has been installed, on the pressure duct / pipeline of the diameter of 2500 mm, to measure water.
- Also across the total 13.00 km length, 3 valves of a diameter of 2500 mm have been installed. The said water pipeline has been applied cement lining from inside.