Digital infrastructure is an ecosystem of connected devices and network of sensors which facilitate exchange of information. It includes installation of comprehensive wireless technology, network of sensors and broadband network to meet citizens’ needs, deploying smart sensors and devices which gather city data in monitoring the city environment. Digital infrastructure is the foundational pillar as it provides a platform for digital services, payments, citizen engagement and communication to city. Objective is to reduce the information asymmetry in society and to ensure that city is equipped to cater the digital infra need in coming years .This would also play major role in reducing the cost of transaction of services and payments thereby making it more affordable, accessible and available.
Benefits of Digital Infrastructure:
- The city has a digital divide with many Punekars not having access to digital platforms to access digital services. By setting up of Digital literacy and experience centers, Pune will become digitally inclusive.
- The digital infrastructure will help in improving the safety and security of citizens by setting up of Emergency kiosks.
- It will help the administrative body to effectively communicate with the citizens and improve response in exigency situations.
- It will facilitate in monitoring the environment in the city and disseminating the information to citizens and administration to take corrective actions immediately.
- It will aid in gathering traffic information which can help citizens in making informed travel choices and authorities in controlling vehicular traffic flow.
- Develop smart parking solutions which aid citizens in getting a real-time location based view of available parking spaces.