Overview Of Waste Management -
- In 2016, Pune generates 1600 -1700 tons of solid waste per day.
- 160 trucks collect waste door-to-door,collecting an average of 198 tons per day.
- 563 containers and 116 compactor buckets dispersed around Pune.
- Ward wise average- 350 to 750 gms per capita per day
- Construction and demolition waste generation –150-180 TPD
- Garden waste generation – 50-60 TPD
- Biomedical waste – 5-6 TPD
Initiatives in the collection and processing of the different waste streams -
- Biomedical Waste
- Construction and Demolition Waste
- E-Waste Collection
- Sanitary Waste
- Garden Waste
- Waste Processing Plants
- Plastic Waste